EMPLOYEE RELEASE AND CONSENT AGREEMENT
THIS EMPLOYEE RELEASE AND CONSENT AGREEMENT DOES NOT INCLUDE, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO INCLUDE, A RELEASE OF AN EMPLOYEE’S RIGHT TO FILE A CLAIM FOR WORKERS’ COMPENSATION BENEFITS OR ANY CLAIM THAT CANNOT BE WAIVED BY LOCAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAW. THIS DOCUMENT ALSO IS NOT INTENDED TO DISCOURAGE EMPLOYEES FROM RAISING WORKPLACE SAFETY CONCERNS.
THIS AGREEMENT (hereinafter, “Agreement”) MUST BE CAREFULLY READ AND SIGNED IN CONSIDERATION OF my ability to participate, provide services for, conduct, prepare for or participate in any motorsports or affiliated activities leading up or related to, or otherwise attend or be present at the 2021 NASCAR Series events (hereinafter, the “Events”) (and hereinafter, collectively, the “Activities”). The undersigned, on behalf of himself/herself, his/her personal representative, heirs, successors, assigns and next of kin (hereinafter collectively, the “UNDERSIGNED”) hereby:
- EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK: UNDERSIGNED hereby acknowledges and understands that the World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 a worldwide pandemic. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and spreads mainly from person-to-person contact. Based on currently available information and clinical expertise, older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may have a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19. There have been recommended guidelines and preventative measures put in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, it CANNOT GUARANTEE that UNDERSIGNED will not become exposed to or infected with COVID-19, despite reasonable efforts to mitigate such dangers. By signing this Agreement, UNDERSIGNED acknowledges the extremely contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assumes the risk that UNDERSIGNED may be exposed to or infected with COVID-19 from the Activities, and that such exposure or infection may involve the RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY, ILLNESS, PERMANENT DISABILITY AND/OR DEATH. UNDERSIGNED understands that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected with COVID-19 by UNDERSIGNED’s participation in the Activities may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of others and/or UNDERSIGNED, including, but not limited to, the RELEASEES (as defined below). UNDERSIGNED hereby expressly assumes all such risks and dangers whether presently known or unknown.
- WAIVER AND RELEASE: UNDERSIGNED hereby RELEASES, WAIVES, AND FOREVER DISCHARGES , NASCAR Enterprises, LLC (and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries) or any subdivision thereof, any promoter, participant, racing association, track operator, track owner, officials, team owners, race teams, vehicle owners, drivers, pit crews, sponsors, advertisers (in each case associated in any way with any of the Events), owners and lessees of the premises used to conduct the Event(s), insurers, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the Event(s), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated corporations and entities, shareholders, officers, directors, managing agents, employees, independent contractors, members, agents, and all other persons or entities participating or involved in the Events (hereinafter collectively, the “RELEASEES”), from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, suits, debts, dues, sums of money, bonds, bills, balances, losses, costs, expenses, damages, covenants, agreements, commitments, undertakings, promises, liabilities, obligations, lawsuits, judgments, orders and demands whatsoever, in law, at equity or otherwise, of whatever kind or nature, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, asserted, accrued, unaccrued, actual, contingent, or otherwise, direct or indirect and whether or not concealed or hidden arising out of, on account of or relating to any INJURY TO OR RESULTING IN DEATH (including but not limited to INJURY TO OR RESULTING IN DEATH FROM COVID-19) of the UNDERSIGNED arising out of or related to any of the UNDERSIGNED’s Activities (hereinafter, the “RELEASED CLAIMS”). The UNDERSIGNED covenants that the UNDERSIGNED shall not directly or indirectly, bring, commence, institute, maintain, prosecute, aid or fund in any way any action of any kind or otherwise assert against any of the RELEASEES anywhere in the world any Released Claim.
- INDEMNITY AND HOLD HARMLESS: UNDERSIGNED hereby agrees to DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the RELEASEES from losses, liabilities, obligations, claims, damages, settlements, injunctions, suits, actions, proceedings, demands, charges, fines, penalties, costs and expenses of every kind and nature, including reasonable fees, expenses and disbursements of attorneys, accountants and other professionals imposed upon, asserted against or incurred by any RELEASEE in connection with, arising out of or relating to (i) any Released Claim or (ii) the UNDERSIGNED’s Activities, in each of (i) and (ii), whether caused by the ordinary negligence of the RELEASEES or otherwise and including and/or arising out of UNDERSIGNED’s improper and/or tortious conduct in connection therewith.
- INFORMED CONSENT AND PARTICIPATION: UNDERSIGNED fully acknowledges and understands that COVID-19 is extremely contagious. UNDERSIGNED has taken it upon himself or herself to be fully informed of the numerous risks and potential dangers associated with COVID-19, including SUFFERING SEVERE PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. UNDERSIGNED acknowledges that he or she has been informed that his or her PERSONAL SAFETY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED. UNDERSIGNED believes that the potential benefits of participation and/or services provided outweigh the risk and danger associated with COVID-19. For more information, please see the Center For Disease Control’s site at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
- UNDERSIGNED acknowledges that it is his or her responsibility to do all of the following: (1) exercise caution and follow any CDC or OSHA issued protocols (including without limitation those guidelines specifically referenced by NASCAR Enterprises, LLC for the Events) to protect the health of the UNDERSIGNED; (2) inform employer of any Activities which the UNDERSIGNED does not feel comfortable performing; (3) cease any activity and promptly report any physical discomfort, illness or complications while participating in any Activity; and (4) clear his or her participation of any Activity with his or her personal physician. UNDERSIGNED also agrees, represents and warrants that he or she will not participate in any Activity if he or she (i) experiences symptoms of COVID-19, including, without limitation, fever, cough or shortness of breath, or (ii) has a suspected or diagnosed/confirmed case of COVID-19.
- UNDERSIGNED acknowledges that THIS AGREEMENT IS INTENDED TO BE FULLY SEVERABLE, and that if any portion of this Agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance the Agreement shall continue in full legal force and effect. That shall include modifying the Agreement to allow the remainder of claims to be waived, released, and indemnified against in the event that the inclusion of any particular type of claim is found to be invalid or contrary to public policy. This Agreement is to be interpreted and enforced under the laws of the Florida.
- UNDERSIGNED hereby accepted all terms set forth herein and acknowledges this is the complete agreement between the parties regarding these issues, and UNDERSIGNED agrees and acknowledges that NO ORAL REPRESENTATIONS, STATEMENTS OR INDUCEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE APART FROM THIS AGREEMENT. UNDERSIGNED HAS COMPLETELY READ BOTH PAGES OF THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTANDS ITS TERMS, AND UNDERSTANDS THAT THIS IS AN IMPORTANT LEGAL DOCUMENT AFFECTING SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS. UNDERSIGNED SIGNS THIS DOCUMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO HIM OR HER AND UNDERSIGNED INTENDS HIS OR HER SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. UNDERSIGNED was given ample opportunity to read the Agreement and/or have it reviewed by legal counsel of his or her choice. UNDERSIGNED was also offered a copy of this Agreement.